Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Summer Treasures

So, I'm a nanny. And I love my job, as I get to spend my days with three amazing children who are full of life in every way possible.

This morning the children and I went to cash in their points at Target (their parents have chosen to reward their obedience with a points system--the more times they obey at the first request/instruction, the more points they wrack up. It's a very effective method, to say the least.). I watched their precious little faces light up as they picked out their prizes from the dollar aisle. Their personalities beamed through with every item.

Whitby, the middle child, and the only girl, is becoming more and more like a young lady with each passing day. Today she chose everything in the color pink: pink diary, pink pencils, pink hair bows, pink sunglasses, pink water bottle, pink crown. It was totally precious. Every time she put something new into her basket, she would crack a joke that would make the whole group laugh. She brings so much joy to our lives.

Canon, the eldest sibling, chose army men, fire fighters and policemen action figures, a comic book, athletic balls, and pool toys. I relished watching these items fall into his basket because of how much he loves his family. You see, Canon loves caring for them, and is very protective, too. Two blossoming qualities I have enjoyed witnessing in his life over the past months. He is also very wise and discerning and uses these gifts to kindly and energetically offer the advice needed to bring about the most satisfaction for the group. For example, when one of his sibs needed direction in choosing a certain item, he leaped at the chance to serve them unto a completed mission. Needless to say, Canon is a born leader.

Cosmo, the youngest of the bunch, followed his brother's suit (a per usual happening) by loading the same items into his little basket that Canon chose. Cosmo has a heart of gold; he is constantly thinking of other people, and loves to share his belongings with anyone in need. He asked me if he could put a certain kind of candy in his basket, and with his request came the following statement: "It's a big enough bag for everyone to have more than one, Ash!"

How do I survive my days when I am constantly bombarded with infinite cuteness, you might wonder? I'm still trying to figure that out. ; )

This is the most rewarding line of work I've ever given myself to. I am so thankful for this season of my life.
The children and I have been studying the character of Jesus this summer, and have had a blast getting to know that Man more intimately. We have all grown in loving each other well, and have made many memories in the process that I will forever treasure.

Thank You, Jesus! Yours is the goodness and glory that will abound forever more. Be so glorified in our lives, Lord. Increase our love for You all the more.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're amazing. We are a team. I am so thankful for you! Thanks for being an inspiration for me as I get organized!! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete