Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Sister's Reflection

So, this past weekend I went home to take part in the celebration of my sister's graduation. Amy, being the hard working genius that she is, graduated manga cum laude with honors (what, what?!) with her B.A. in English. Which meant there were two ceremonies that we were privileged to attend. With both ceremonies being longer in length, I was able to spend that much more time with my family, which caused me to realize just how awesome they are---especially my siblings. Each one fascinates me.

Amy is a gem; a priceless diamond in the ruff. She is one of the most beautiful and amazing people I know. She has never been concerned with the all-to-common facade of this world, but rather she strives for true identity, and genuine character. She is brilliant, and kind and full of wisdom. Her love for her family and friends proceeds her as she lays down her life for us on a continual basis. She knows what she wants, and sets herself on the course to achieve her passions. She is every bit loyal and is an incredible friend. Amy is also a phenomenal cook. It is just one of the many ways she expresses herself. I love being with my "sisser." She brings so much joy to my heart.


This is Adam. Words cannot express how much I love and respect this young man. He is best described as a quiet giant. When he speaks, his words do not fall to the ground. He loves his Lord, and his family immensely.  I enjoy being with him, as he provokes me to live the gospel with meekness and stillness before the Lord. He is a conqueror at his core, as he has (by God's grace) overcome many mountains in his path, and will surely continue to do so for himself and anyone around him as his life unfolds. He is incredibly loyal and patient, having a heart that desires to care and provide for his loved ones. He loves justice and is merciful---a pillar of strength and honor.  Adam is assertive, and has an excellent, well rounded outlook on life. He is always slow to grow angry, and quick to listen to every side before coming to his stance. He gives phenomenal advice. Something I love about Adam is his killer sense of humor--much laughter takes place his midst. =)

Meet Aaron. He is my youngest brother. Due to the nine years that separate us, I have always referred to him as my "kid brother." However, on his last birthday, he informed me that this title was no longer necessary as he was, in fact, "a bonafide teenager." *laughs*
Aaron is a ham at his very core. He loves to do impressions, and tell jokes. If he could, he would spend all his time making others laugh. He is a visionary and an inventor. He seeks life in the fullest sense, and is desirous of every kind of adventure one could experience. He loves to stay connected with those around him; a genuine friend.  Aaron is also fascinated by his uncreated God, and loves to spend time conversing with others about who He is, and what He is like. Much will be given to him because of this.



Aaron and I were not only matched with similar physical features, but also in personality.  He and I feel deeply, and love to love with everything in us. There isn't a lukewarm particle in our bodies. We love to be laid back and have a good time, but can also be very serious and intense. Passionate is a good word to describe us. We are also very caring by nature, and desire to serve others through word and deed. This common place allows me to connect to Aaron in a way unlike my other siblings. Though I love them equally, I understand Aaron's reactions, desires and outlook on life better than I do Amy and Adam's.
Consequently, the same goes for them as well. Amy and Adam are also paired with likewise physical feautres and personalities; both of which appear to be opposite from mine and Aaron's. While you will almost always know what Aaron and I are experiencing, Adam and Amy are very steadfast and reserved, never wanting to make too big of a splash around them. They process things internally and rationally, rarely found responding out of heightened and uncollected emotions. Most of the time, I find out the happenings of their life after the fact. Overall, they are calm and cool and appreciate things that way.

It's so interesting to me how unique each member of my family is. We all have something a little different to bring to the table. It makes for an atmosphere that is anything but boring. : )

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sisser i didn't mess up this time, Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so amazing, Aaron!! I love you so much :)

    ReplyDelete