Friday, May 21, 2010

Passing the Time

Below is an account of the happenings that took place during my sister's graduation.

If you've been to a graduation ceremony, you know what it's like to sit in an incredibly uncomfortable chair for hours, listening to thousands of names you've never heard of, just so you can cheer for that one person
you came to see experience their infamous walk across the stage. So, about twenty five hundred names into the first--of two--ceremonies my youngest brother, Aaron had reached his limit. Though I was content in losing myself in my thoughts of eternity, I could tell by Aaron's fidgeting that he needed an outlet.
 So we did what every other American does when they're bored....we went for a snack.
We kept ourselves busy in between the ceremonies. For instance, we brushed up on our Robot Man moves. You never know when you'll need to break em out. 
 
And then suddenly, out of no where, an urge to fly came upon me....so I did.
Adam saw what I was up to and got a little jealous. He wanted to join me, but first he grew a five o'clock shadow to be extra cool. 
The coolness of Adam's facial hair exceeded our expectations and Aaron and I were speechless.
After that, Aaron asked me to school him in my signature move: The Semi-Matrix...
And then we walked across the street to an ever bigger building for ceremony number dos. It was pretty bleak and nasty outside, but that didn't stop us from having a good time. In our opinion, it was the opportune time for a photo op. As you can see, Adam was rockin' the GQ look....
 ....while Aaron, a door-to-door Bible salesman, and me with my way-awkward duck face (don't ask...).
 
We also witnessed my parents being all cute with each other....  
 
While inside, Aaron made faces to pass the time. Lots of them. Like this one, for instance. 
 
  I made a few myself. This one is entitled: "Unimpressed"
 Next came a great massage from my awesome brother. He is so kind to me.
 It turned out to be an amazing day. On the way home, we took some last minute photos to complete the event.

The End.

2 comments:

  1. I love the way you love your family. They are so blessed to be loved by you! Love the pictures by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Korryn! Hey, do you know if there is a way to have blogspot notify you when you receive comments? I feel like I don't read the ones I get until weeks after their posted.

    ReplyDelete