Sunday, November 15, 2009

..:the resolve of love:..

Earlier today Holy Spirit showed Himself quite faithful (as He always does) in responding through me (Luke 12:11,12) when I was asked "Ash, since IHOPU isn't accredited, what in the world do you plan on doing once you've graduated?" After I spoke, my friend emphatically replied "Wow, that was deep!" I smiled politely, and thought Thanks to Holy Spirit! :)

I'm not really sure what God has in mind for me after I graduate from the Forerunner School of Ministry. Ultimately my sole purpose in this life is to love God with all my heart, mind, soul and strength and to receive unconditional love from Him--everything else will exude from these verbs. I know that my time here in this life is not the goal I'm called to fix my eyes upon (2 Corinthians 4:18), for eternity was set deep within my heart before the foundation of the world was ordered (Ecclesiastes 3:11). With this revelation, I've been ushered into a fresh resolve: to spend the rest of my life preparing for eternity. My desire is to be completely ruined with a Heavenly perspective; one that governs every thought, word and action--living with a continual gaze through the lens of God's Kingdom, not my own. Which is why I see this season at IHOP (whether it be for 4 years, or 40 years), as a time for me to be bathed and marinated in the ways of His heart, which will in turn prepare me for everything I'm called to "do". So, to answer my friend's question, I'm not stressed about the career thing. I do have a few ideas of what it may look like, but I honestly don't care to concern myself with such a fleeting matter at this point. I'm not trying to belittle the "do" of our existence. I know each calling is close to God's heart and apart of His strategic plan for redemption. I'm just resting in the knowledge that whatever vocation I'm called to won't be the defining factor of who I am or how my life will unfold. Who I am is a Lover of the Most High God, and the Beloved Bride of Christ. My worth and identity is defined solely upon His opinion of me. Therefore, the more I walk in this reality of love, the more my path will unfold (Proverbs 3;5-6) It's all about Him; it all comes down to Love. :)

2 comments:

  1. How and when did you zoom past me in wisdom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never met you, but I just wanted to thank you for your wisdom and for the Truth you speak. I really needed a reminder of where my true identity needs to be tonight. Thank you.

    I'll be praying for your adventures at IHOP, I'm sure you'll have a blast, it's a great place. If you need any help in Kansas City (I'm not sure where you're from) look me up on Facebook, I'd be more than willing to help, I know a few people at IHOP and I'm from Kansas City.

    Blessing upon blessing to you!
    Kathleen Ostby

    ReplyDelete