Friday, October 16, 2009

mindful wanderings...

I've been struck by how impious my thought life has been overall. I am absolutely disgusted when I think of how much time I've wasted by allowing my mind to wander in and out of mental doorways seeped with wickedness. Unbelief, judgment, fear, doubt, slander, envy, greed, malice, hate, lust, wrath, covetousness, laziness, impatience, apathy, gossip, arrogance, idolatry....I've entertained it all. None of these thoughts are from the Lord, so why do I give myself over to them? Proverbs tells us thoughts like these lead only to death, and all such manner is an abomination to the Lord. Intense....very intense.

(Switching gears a little) In light of this new found revelation, I've been stirred to take proactive steps in slaying this nasty habit I've acquired over the years. So this morning, while running a few errands, I was listening to worship, and meditating on the glory of beholding the man, Christ Jesus---can you get any better than that?! I mean, really. He brought to my mind 1 Thessalonians 4:17, which says "17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord." As I chewed on this verse, I received an impression of how dramatic this will actually be (I'm all about the theatrical side of God). By this time, I was getting out of my car and walking toward the FSM library. As I glanced up toward the sky, I was delighted by the fact that there will be a day where I will not only see Jesus in the clouds, I will be WITH him there...in the clouds! This totally fascinates my very being. And don't even get me started on the last seven words of this verse....to always be with Him; I can hardly wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment