Wednesday, November 25, 2009

...for the joy set before us...

I dreamt of martyrdom last night. What I recall most vividly from my dream was how these faithful men and women endured such atrocious circumstances. They did so by constantly strengthening themselves in their knowledge of Christ. As they set their gaze upon the things that they would one day glory in (Col 3:4, Rom. 8:18, 1Cor 2:9) they courageously endured every trial, test and persecution that came their way. After each hardship, they grew stronger in their faith and more joyful in their love for the Lord. I have absolutely no grid for anything like this. Do you? Later on, I was pleasantly awakened by the sunshine that violently burst through my bedroom blinds (prophetic imagery? I think so! ;) ). As I rolled over, all I could do was delight myself in the things of God's heart. I was still half asleep when praise poured from my lips. This is what revelation does to us...when we encounter God's heart on a deeper level, our circumstance (whether beaten and bloody, or barely awake--not to say these are comparable) becomes irrelevant and all we desire is to be with Him where He is. "Grant me the depths of the knowledge of Your Son, O God, that He will be my greatest delight forevermore...." I continued to pray. It was such a sweet kiss from the Lord to have my thoughts fixed on His heart as I arose this morning. I just love it when He does that... He is the most thoughtful and kind Man I have ever encountered.

1 comment:

  1. Amen. May our faith increase and all fear disappear as His heart is continually revealed to us!!!

    ReplyDelete