Monday, September 6, 2010

Kindness.

I thought I'd take a quick break from my study in the book of Joel to share some recent thoughts. This study is pretty intense (which I'm all about) and I'm fascinated by many angles of God's heart, but especially: Bridegroom, King and Judge. My faith is becoming grounded in ways I never thought possible. I can feel the Lord building a firm foundation (Colossians 3:10) on which I'll stand in the following seasons. I just love Him for that. He desires that we be ready for His return in every way. So what does He do? He teaches us exactly what we need to know. He prepares our path with knowledge and wisdom and His precious Spirit so that we can be found by Him in complete faithfulness. This Man's kindness and thoughtfulness toward His Bride baffles me. Who is there like Him?

Jesus, thank You for the jealous, passionate love that burns in Your heart for Your bride. Teach us the way of Your Kingdom. Destroy the fig leaves of self preservation in our lives. We were made for You, Jesus. Come and have Your way in our hearts. Remove offense and grant grace where it's needed to believe You are who You say You are. You are our only Hope...

1 comment: