Monday, January 18, 2010

Relief.

It's been a looong weekend. The kind that presents an invitation to dread Monday morning's alarm because you aren't sure where your weekend went. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate having things to do. For instance, a large green duffel bag sits unzipped at the foot of my bed. With a few articles of clothing, and traveling doodad's spilling casually onto my floor, I can hear the faint protest of my almost clean room cry out for the justice of complete order and cleanliness. And even though I value a tidy atmosphere on most occasions, I just can't seem to find it in me to unpack my belongings tonight. So instead, I push my to-do list aside, and pull out the essentials. Bible: Check. Soaking music: Check. Christmas lights and candles: Check, check. (It's all about the ambiance, my friends). Sitting quietly, I remind myself once again that tomorrow's demands do not need my audience tonight. A soothing sigh of relief comes over me. Come, Lord Jesus; Your Beloved awaits You....

No comments:

Post a Comment